Important Announcement about 2010 Olympiad
Wednesday, 24 February 2010 14:24
FIDE and Organizing Committee of Khanty-Mansiysk would like to bring to federation's attention some important facts and dates regarding the coming Olympiad and FIDE Congress.
Please note that this is preliminary information. The official invitation will be sent to federations on April 20th according to the Olympiad Regulations.
1. Dates of the Olympiad – 19.09.2010 - 20.09.2010 (Arrival) – 04.10.2010 (Departure)
2. Dates of the Congress – 23.09.2010 (Arrival) – 04. 10. 2010 (Departure)
3. Deadline for registration for teams and Congress participants is May 20th. Registration should be made electronically only, according to the instructions which will be a part of the official invitation.
4. The OC is announcing the details for the charters to the Olympiad:
(Full information about charter flights will be included in the official invitation).
According the current plan, charters will take place on September 19th from the following venues: Dubai, Milan, Moscow, Munich and Prague.
Teams and other participants (Congress people, accompanying people) who want to take advantage of the proposed charters will be asked to indicate their preferred venue. OC will do its utmost to meet all requirements. However, no guarantee is given until all registrations are known. Charters are free of charge for all participants (5 players + captain for each team) who will be only charged for airport taxes (60 USD for each passenger).
The prices of the charters with full information about it will be included in the official invitation.
5. Accommodation – Each team is entitled (according to FIDE Olympiad Regulations) to 2 single rooms and 2 double rooms. Delegates will stay free of charge. Prices of the hotels and full information about it will be included in the official invitation. Prices for teams who would like to upgrade their rooms to single will be also included in the official invitation. OC will try to meet all upgrading requirements. However, due to the limited number of rooms there is no guarantee for this until all requests are known.
6. Visas– After the final registration, an original invitation for the purpose of visa will be sent. Then it is necessary to appeal to the Russian Embassy with these original invitations. Those that submit names with registration in May will receive invitations immediately.
If any person needs an invitation earlier, please, address to the Organizing Committee to get additional information to e-mail:
7. On June 1st, OC will issue invoices to all federations:
a. For all accommodation requirements (upgrading, additional people) in Euro.
b. For charters (airport tax for registrating teams, full fare for others) in USD.
Federations will be asked to make the relevant payment to FIDE accounts no later than July 1st if they wish to ensure their accommodation and their seats in the charters.
8. Final compositions of teams + captains should be sent, also electronically, no later than July 15th and in case not all names were given before May 20th should include all details for visas purposes according to the list which will be included into the official invitation.
Please note – These dates/deadlines were approved by FIDE Presidential Board, and should be, like all other deadlines, strictly respected.
9. Towards the end of July / middle August OC will send to Federations and publish in Olympiad and FIDE web site a full list of composition of all charter flights and details about allocations of teams and delegates to hotels.
FIDE and OC wish all participating people and teams a successful and fruitful event.