The 1st quarter FIDE Presidential Board took place on 4-5th February in Antalya, Turkey. This meeting of the governing body of the World Chess Federation is the first one after the elections which were held during the FIDE Congress in Khanty-Mansiysk
, the Russian Federation.
New composition of the Presidential Board discussed the enormous agenda consisting of 60 items. The most important among them is the question of holding the World Chess Championship 2012. It was decided that a separate press-release on this item will be spread the soonest.
Ali Nihat Yazici, Chairman of the FIDE Chess in Schools Commission, presented the CIS Programme which was accepted by the Board. CIS also launched a dedicated website
within the FIDE portal.
Photos by WGM Anastasiya Karlovich
The Presidential Board also opened the bidding procedure for the following events:
1. Women's Team Championship 2013
2. World Youth Championships 2013 (open to non-European bids with preference being given to Africa)
3. World Senior Championship 2012
4. World Senior Championship 2013
5. World Amateur Championship 2012
6. World Amateur Championship 2013
7. World Team Championship 2013
8. World U-16 Youth Olympiad 2012
9. World U-16 Youth Olympiad 2013
10. World School Individual Championship 2013
Deadline for the 2012 events is 30th April 2011. Deadline for the 2013 events is 30th September 2011. The bids should be sent in a sealed envelope to the FIDE Secretariat in Athens, Greece, to reach the office by the deadline.