On the 29th of November FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov continued his visit to South Korea. He attended the opening ceremony of the 3rd Convention of the Global Peace Foundation and presented a speech.
The Foundation is located in Washington D.C. and closely related to the US pro-government bodies. Various specialists from the Administration of George H.W. Bush and Secretary of State Colin Powell, American senators and Congressmen, former leaders of countries and parliaments, representatives of non-profit and science organizations, religious leaders are taking active part in the functioning of the Foundation.
The main focus of the the current session of the Foundation was brought to the peace building in the Korean peninsula. Delegates have paid great attention to the speech of FIDE President. Kirsan Ilyumzhinov shared his experience as a peace maker and informed the Convention on the activities of FIDE. He made actual proposals regarding peace building in the different regions of the World with the help of FIDE and the Republic of Kalmykia.
The following VIP guests are expected to attend the ceremony:
1. American senator from the state of Georgia Emmanuel Johns
2. Nephew of the King of Libya Mohamed el Senussi
3. Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia Mr. Gumbusuren
4. Hon. Jose de Venecia Jr, former Speaker, House of Representatives, Republic of the Philippines, President, Centrist Asian Pacific Democrats International
5. Prof. Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff for Colin Powell as Secretary of State, USA
6. Mr. Chun Sik Kim, Vice Minister of the Ministry of Unification, Republic of Korea
7. Dr. Hyun Jin Moon, Chairman of the Global Peace Festival Foundation
8.Mr. James Mancham, the first President of the Republic of Seychelles.
The FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov received the Culture Award for his achievements in cultural and social spheres during the ceremony. Among other laureates were:
Ven. Monk Bupta, Chairman of One Korean Buddhist movement, founder of Korea Peace unification Buddhism Association
Hon. Tan Sri Zaleha Ismail, President of Malaysian Council of Child Welfare, Vice-President of MUBARAK, the council of former members of Malaysia’s parliament, President of ASEAN Confederation of Women’s Organizations
Mr. Goris Mustaquim, Director and owner of the IT Company in Indonesia
Prof. Jin Shin, President of the Institute for Peace Affairs, Chair of the Department of Political Science and Diplomacy, Director of the National Strategy Institute
Hon. Senator Nelson Marquezelli, five-term legislator in Brazil’s National Congress, current Attorney General of Chamber of Deputies
FIDE President in the Hall.
Speech at the Convention.