Athens, 21 December 2012
BIDDING PROCEDURE FOR THE FIDE WORLD WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH 2013
1. The FIDE Presidential Board decided to open a bidding procedure for the FIDE World Women’s Championship Match 2013 between the current World Champion Anna Ushenina (Ukraine) and challenger Hou Yifan (China).
2. Each bid shall contain the following particulars as minimum:
a) Acceptance of exact dates for the event between 10 to 28 September 2013.
b) Proposed venue of the event.
c) Proposed prize fund for the players (minimum 200,000 euros & should be offered net of any applicable local taxes).
d) The contribution to FIDE (net of any applicable local taxes and not less than 20% of the prize money) as stipulated in Article 13.2 as well as the financial obligations stated in Article 14 of the Rules & Regulations of the World Women’s Championship Match 2013.
e) Commitment to cover all the other financial obligations to FIDE, in accordance with the Rules & Regulations of the World Women’s Championship Match 2013.
f) Commitment to cover all organizational costs, in accordance with the match regulations.
g) Category of official hotel (minimum 4- stars), and name if possible, with special room rates for visitors (including meals).
h) A statement that the applicant accepts the regulations of the match without any reservations.
i) An invitation for 2 (two) members of the FIDE Commission for World Chess Championships and Olympiads to inspect the proposed venue and examine the other conditions, with all travel/hotel expenses paid by the bidder.
j) The applicant's name, signatures and authentication.
3. In order for a proposed bid to be considered, it should be accompanied by a 6-month term bank guarantee covering the amount of prize fund (minimum 200,000 euros), the FIDE contribution (20% over and above the prize fund), 5% for the WCOC budget, 5% for the commercial rights (not including live broadcast) and 32,500 euros covering stipends of Principals as described in article 14.5 of the match regulations. This guarantee should be of irrevocable form and from a bank that FIDE bankers, UBS of Switzerland, are able to confirm as acceptable.
Alternatively to the above paragraph, a bidder can deposit in FIDE’s bank account the amount of 100,000 euros by the deadline of 29 March 2013, refundable if the bid is rejected, and the remaining payments will be finalized in the signed contract between FIDE and the organizer(s).
4. A bid is considered valid if it is accompanied with a non-refundable Bid Fee of 1,000 euros payable to FIDE.
5. No bidder can propose a sponsor which shall be in conflict with the regulations of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
6. Τhe commercial agency of FIDE (CNC) reserves all rights for the live transmissions of the event and its games. The organiser of the event can have its own website and if the organiser wishes to implement the live transmission of the games, CNC must be consulted beforehand.
7. The bids, including all original documents and particulars, shall arrive by registered post to the FIDE Secretariat, post address: 9 Syggrou Ave., 11743 Athens - Greece. The bidding process will close on 29 March 2013, 13:00 GMT.
8. When the deadline has expired, the FIDE President or his representative shall open the received envelopes in order to assess the bids. FIDE will announce the results within 20 days after the deadline. After the organizer has been selected, FIDE and the organizer shall sign a contract covering the organization of the FWWCM, the terms of payments and all other financial and technical requirements.
9. FIDE reserves the right to accept a bid based on the evaluation of all criteria under article 2 of the present bidding procedure and not only that of the prize fund. FIDE also reserves the right not to award any bid at all, however favourable it might be.
Released by the FIDE Secretariat – 21 December 2012