Please be advised that after the amendment of the Statutes and Handbook passed by the General Assembly the following applies regarding the Extraordinary General Assembly in Tallinn:
A. Election years
(1) Each member federation shall inform the FIDE Secretariat in writing of the name of its delegate no later than four weeks before the opening session of the General Assembly. In the absence thereof, the delegate shall be the person whose name was last reported to FIDE by the member federation. The FIDE Secretariat shall publish on its website a complete and updated list of the delegates on the next business day following the afore-mentioned deadline.
(2) A member federation can assign a proxy only in writing. For a proxy to be valid, it must be dated and either signed or sent by the President or delegate of the federation. For the delegate, the accreditation shall be based on the list referred to in Section (1) above, and for the President, the accreditation shall be based on the last reporting by the member federation to FIDE concerning this position. The proxy can be either an original or a copy, and can be delivered by any means. No other formal elements are necessary for the validity of the proxy. Where two or more proxies are received and there is a conflict, the order of priority shall be as follows:
Proxies received from the delegate
Proxies received from the President
Where the order of priority is established and there is still a conflict, the proxy with the most recent date shall be the valid one.
(3) Proxies shall be delivered to the Secretariat in the period between the date of the publication of the list of delegates pursuant to section (1) above and a date no later than two weeks before the opening session of the General Assembly. After this deadline, further proxies will not be accepted, except as stated below, until all elections and appointments of FIDE officers have concluded. After the conclusion of all elections and appointments of FIDE officers, the provisions on non-election years in section (B) below will apply.
(4) Immediately after the registration period for proxies has closed, the Electoral Commission shall verify the list of delegates and the proxies. The Electoral Commission will notify the FIDE Secretariat of the list of those entitled to vote at the General Assembly ("representatives") in time to allow the FIDE Secretariat to distribute and publish the list within the hereafter prescribed deadline. The FIDE Secretariat shall send the list to all member federations, and publish it on the FIDE website, at the latest one week before the opening session of the General Assembly.
(5) Every representative is permitted to represent, besides his own, only one additional federation in the General Assembly. If a representative has been assigned more proxies than allowed, the valid proxies can be reassigned up to two days before the opening of the General Assembly. The FIDE Secretariat shall immediately submit such re-assigned proxies to the Electoral Commission, which shall verify them in time to allow the FIDE Secretariat to comply with the hereafter prescribed deadline. The FIDE Secretariat shall publish the final list of proxies on the FIDE website by 17.00 on the day before the opening of the General Assembly.
(6) Up to two days before the opening of the General Assembly, the delegate appointed by a member federation under Section (1) above may surrender the voting power of the federation in favour of the President of that federation upon written notice to the FIDE Secretariat. The FIDE Secretariat shall publish the final list of proxies on the FIDE website by 17.00 on the day before the opening of the General Assembly.
(7) At the opening of the General Assembly, the Electoral Commission reports on the proxies and answers any questions and comments. The General Assembly cannot overrule the decisions of the Electoral Commission.
B. Non-election years
In non-election years, the procedures set out in section (A) above shall apply, except as follows:
(1) As of the date of publication of the list of delegates pursuant to section A(1) above, proxies can be assigned and re-assigned at any time, including during the General Assembly.
(2) The FIDE Secretariat shall verify the assigned or re-assigned proxies promptly upon delivery.
(3) Any disagreement as to either the list of delegates or a proxy is referred to the Constitutional Commission for final decision.