Ibrahim Al Bannai Retains Presidency of Arab Chess Federation
Sunday, 16 August 2009 15:02
Ibrahim Al Bannai of the United Arab Emirates continues as president of the Arab Chess Federation for the term of 2009 to 2013. Al Bannai retained the presidency of the Arab Chess Federation by acclamation at the elections that took place in Dubai, UAE on 12 August 2009 after the withdrawal of candidates prior to the opening moments of the vote of the elections, to retain the presidency for a third term. Al Bannai is also president of the Dubai Chess Club.
The elections began meeting in the morning attended by Mr. Othman Al Saad, Secretary General of the Federation of National Olympic Committees and Arabic, Mr. Ahmed Abdouly, representative of the General Authority of Youth Welfare and Sports, FIDE Vice President Nizar El Haj of Libya, and representatives of the 18 Arab Chess Federation members.
The composition of the Executive Committee of the Arab Chess Federation for the next term is:
1. Mr. Ibrahim Al Bannai (UAE) President
2. Mrs. Dr. Ferial Al-Baji (Tunisia) First Deputy
3. Mr. Yusuf Ahmed (Qatar) Second Deputy
4. Mr. Hussein Nafadi (Egypt) Executive Board Member
5. Mr. Dr. Hani Bitar (Syria) Executive Board Member
6. Mr. Nadir Samir (Sudan) Executive Board Member
7. Mr. Basil Al-Majali (Jordan) Eecutive Board Member
8. Mr. Ahmed Khalifa Al-Thani (UAE) General Secretary
9. Mr. Mohamed Al-Husseini (EGY) Asst. General Secretary
10. Mr. Atiq Al-Suwaidi (UAE) Public Relations Manager
(UAE) Technical Secretary & Chairman of Arbiter Council
Arab Chess Federation meeting on 12 August 2009 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. At far end are ACF President Ibrahim Al Bannai of the UAE and FIDE Vice President Nizar El Haj of Libya.