Friday, 12 February 2010 07:49
The FIDE Trainers Commission (TRG) is pleased to announce the second FIDE Trainer Awards and will continue by honouring the achievements of our most successful colleagues of 2009.
There will be a judges' panel (voting after September 1st, 2010) consisting of seven (7) members, with reputation and knowledge in the field of training:
PANEL OF FIDE TRAINERS AWARD
1. Ignatius Leong (Singapore) – FIDE General Secretary
2. Zurab Azmaiparashvili (Georgia) – GM/FIDE Vice-President
3. Ali Nihat Yazici (Turkey) – FIDE Vice-President
4. Alexandra Kosteniuk (Russia) – GM/FIDE Co-Chairman Women Commission
5. Uwe Boensch (Germany) – GM/FST
6. Miguel Illescas (Spain) – GM/FST
7. Smbat Lputian (Armenia) – GM/FST
The panel must be re-approved by FIDE PB and it can be changed (in total or partly) according to FIDE decisions.
Each member of the judges' panel will vote for each of the six categories separately. He/she will have the right to vote for three persons, giving three (3), two (2) and one (1) point respectively. In case of a tie in the first place, two or more winners will be announced equal first. For the Hall of Fame, the three first trainers will be accepted.
We welcome nominations for the five categories that have been approved and these are as follows:
1. Botvinnik Mikhail medal for men's trainer or captain, for best results in mens competitions where World Championships and Olympiads are valued foremost, to be considered too are long standing high results.
2. Furman Symeon medal for women's trainer or captain, similar to Botvinnik medal but applicable to women's competitions.
3. Euwe Max medal for juniors trainer, for best results in junior competitions, to be considered are world and continental championships plus founder of famous chess schools, training programs, and academies.
4. Boleslavsky Isaac medal for best book which instructional values are remarkable, and to be considered are also series of articles, instructional computer software, and programs for development of players.
5. Petrosian Tigran medal for a special achievement over the last years.
Nominations can be made by FIDE office bearers, TRG, and Federations. Only FIDE Senior Trainers and FIDE Trainers in exceptional circumstances can be nominating. A special form has to be filled up (see below). For the Boleslavsky medal we invite book publishers and chess software developers as well, to make nominations in this specific category.
Prizes will be announced together with the results. Chess Publishers or any sponsor, who is interest on the subject, can offer his views and sponsoring to the TRG.
The FIDE Trainers Commission will also continue to fill-up the Trainer Hall of Fame. TRG intention is that every year together with the five (5) trainers of the year awards, we will also continue to honour three of our esteemed colleagues with membership of the Trainer Hall of Fame, and besides creating a special place on TRG website (http://trainers.fide.com) to honour them, we will also be finding a permanent home for our Hall of Fame in one or more FIDE Academies worldwide.
Please send your nominations via email with biography attached to TRG Secretary Efstratios Grivas
) for consideration by FIDE before August 31st, 2010.
The voting will take place till September 10th, 2010 and the winners will be announced after the ratification by the FIDE GA.
Please download the FIDE Trainer Award 2009 Rules in pdf format.