From 2 to 8 August 2010 a FIDE Arbiters' Seminar was organized in Bento Goncalves, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, by the Brazilian Chess Federation and under auspices of FIDE.
The venue of the Seminar was the "Dall' Onder Grand Hotel" (5*).
The lecturer was IA Antonio Bento, Technical Vice-President of Brazilian Chess Federation.
The Seminar was organized parallel to the Pan American Youth Championship 2010
The lectures were in Portuguese language.
Seventeen (17) arbiters from Brazil, Angola, Paraguay, Peru, Argentina and Ecuador attended the Seminar and participated in the examination test held after the end of the lectures.
The following eleven (11) succeeded in the examination test and will be awarded a norm for the FIDE Arbiter title, after the approval of the next FIDE Congress:
1) Mr. Alejandro Hutt (ARG)
2) Mr. Cesar Brasil Viegas (BRA)
3) Mrs. Vivian Heinrichs (BRA)
4) Mr. Pietro Ferraz e Silva (BRA)
5) Mr. Bolivar Gonzalez (BRA)
6) Mr. Emerson Gustavo Muller (BRA)
7) Mr. Marcelo Konrath (BRA)
8) Mr. Paulo Virgilio Rios (BRA)
9) Mr. Artur Fernando Monteiro (BRA)
10) Mr. Carlos Manuel Barreto Carreño (PER)
11) Mr. Jose Wilfrido Perez Ferloni (PAR)