The FIDE Trainers' Commission (TRG) is pleased to announce the fifth FIDE Trainer Awards and will continue by honouring the achievements of our most successful colleagues of 2012.
There will be a judges' panel consisting of seven (7) members, with reputation and knowledge in the field of training:
JUDGE PANEL OF FIDE TRAINER AWARDS
1. Nigel Freeman (Bermuda) - FIDE Treasurer & Executive Director (Chairman)
2. Ali Nihat Yazici (Turkey) - FIDE Vice-President & CIS Chairman
3. Israel Gelfer (Israel) - FIDE Vice-President
4. Adrian Mikhalchishin (Slovenia) - GM/FST * TRG Chairman
5. Jovan Petronic (Serbia) - IM/FST * TRG Councilor
6. Alonso Zapata (Colombia) - GM/FST * TRG Member
7. Smbat Lputian (Armenia) - GM/FST
The panel has been approved by the FIDE Executive Director. The awards ceremony will take place during the 2013 FIDE Congress. A 'Tree of Chess' sculpture (http://trainers.fide.com/awards-hall-of-fame.html) and a diploma will be given to each of the six (6) winners.
Each member of the judges' panel will vote for each of the seven categories separately. He will have the right to vote for three persons, giving three (3), two (2) and one (1) point respectively. In case of a tie for the first place, two or more winners will be announced equal first. For the Hall of Fame, the three first trainers will be accepted.
We welcome nominations for the six categories that have been approved and these are as follows:
1. Botvinnik Mikhail medal for men's trainer or captain, for best results in men competitions where World Championships and Olympiads are valued foremost, to be considered too are long standing high results.
2. Furman Symeon medal for women's trainer or captain, similar to Botvinnik medal but applicable to women's competitions.
3. Euwe Max medal for juniors trainer, for best results in junior competitions, to be considered are world and continental championships plus founder of famous chess schools, training programs, and academies.
4. Boleslavsky Isaac medal for best book which instructional values are remarkable, and to be considered are also series of articles, instructional computer software, and programs for development of players.
5. Petrosian Tigran medal for a special achievement over the last years.
6. Razuvaev Yuri medal for education of trainers.
Nominations can be made by FIDE office bearers, TRG, and Federations. Only FIDE Senior Trainers and FIDE Trainers in exceptional circumstances can be nominated. A special form has to be filled in (see below). For the Boleslavsky medal we invite book publishers and chess software developers as well, to make nominations in this specific category.
Prizes will be announced together with the results. Chess Publishers or any sponsor, who is interest on the subject, can offer his views and sponsoring to the TRG.
The FIDE Trainers' Commission will also continue to fill-up the Trainer Hall of Fame. TRG intention is that every year together with the six (6) trainers of the year awards, we will also continue to honour three of our esteemed colleagues with membership of the Trainer Hall of Fame, and besides creating a special place on TRG website (http://trainers.fide.com) to honour them, we will also be finding a permanent home for our Hall of Fame in one or more FIDE Academies worldwide.
Please send your nominations via email with biography attached to TRG Secretary Efstratios Grivas (
) for consideration by June 30th, 2013.
The voting will take place by July 15th, 2013 and the winners will be officially announced after the ratification by the coming FIDE EB or PB.
NOMINATION PAPER and NOMINATIONS
Winners' List 2008/2009/2010/2011