Participation in the 17th Fajr International Chess Tournament is open to all.
Each National Chess Federation has right to nominate and send one Player as official invited player.
The Organizing Committee will provide free participation, domestic Transfer and full board accommodation for official invited players as well as GM title holders and +2500 rated chess players.
Registration is free for GMs and players with FIDE ratings 2400 and above. For other players as follows with January 2009 FIDE ratings of:
2300 - 2399 US$50
2200 - 2299 US$75
2100 - 2199 US$100
2100 and unrated US$150
Deadline for Registration is January 23, 2009.
TRAVEL and TRANSPORTATION:
Kish Island is south of the I.R. Iran.
It has a domestic airport and connected to Tehran with 2-3 flights per day and with Dubai.
1. All GM title holders and players with rating 2500 and above shall be provided free full board accommodation on a twin sharing basis from Feb 3-10.2009.
2. Every player with rating 2400 to 2499 will pay US$20 per day for full board accommodation on a twin sharing.
3. Accommodation fee for other players is US$40 for each person per day.
* All Accommodations will be in 3 stars Hotels or more.
1. The 17th Fajr International Chess Open Tournament will be played in 9 rounds using the Swiss System.
2. The time control shall be 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
3. The FIDE Laws of Chess shall apply. The tournament will be FIDE rated.
4. The Swiss Manager program shall be used for pairings.
Twenty five Thousand U.S. Dollars (US$25,000) in cash prizes shall be awarded:
1st place US$ 5000
2nd place US$ 3500
3rd place US$ 2500
4th place US$ 1500
5th place US$ 1000
6th place US$ 900
7th place US$ 700
8th place US$ 600
9th place US$ 500
10th place US$ 500
11th place US$ 100
12th place US$ 100
13th place US$ 100
14th place US$ 100
15th place US$ 100
1st place for Persian Gulf player US$ 500
1st place for Kish Island player US$ 200
1st place under 20 years US$ 300
2nd place under 20 years US$ 200
3rd place under 20 years US$ 100
Special prizes: US$ 6500
Cash prizes shall be shared equally among tied players.
All prizes will be paid 15% tax
Feb. 03 Tuesday Arrival 19:00 Registration
Feb. 03 Tuesday Technical Meeting 20:00
Feb. 04 Wednesday Round 1 10:00
Feb 04 Wednesday Round 2 18:00
Feb 05 Thursday Round 3 09:00
Feb 05 Thursday Round 4 18:00
Feb 06 Friday Round 5 18:00
Feb 07 Saturday Round 6 09:00
Feb 07 Saturday Round 7 18:00
Feb 08 Sunday Round 8 18:00
Feb 09 Monday Round 9 09:00
Feb 09 Monday Closing Ceremony 17:00
Feb 10 Tuesday Departure
INVITATIONS FOR VISA:
Players who will come to Kish Island by Dubai airport doesn't need visa For those who need visa, the Organizing Committee shall issue invitations for them to apply at the I. R. of Iran consulate in their countries.
All participating players are kindly requested to fill in the attached registration form, which should include passport copy, passport particulars of participants, and return the same to the Organizing Committee not later than January 23, 2008 to the I. R. of Iran Chess Federation.
or organizing committee
About Kish Island: http://www.kishfreezonesports.ir
We look forward to welcoming you to Kish.
For more information Contact with:
Kish Chess Association:
Mr. Behzad Dedzdar
Mobile: +98 934 7695200
Mr. Kzem Mortazavi
; Mobile: +98 912 385 1445
Mr. Hadi Karimi, Secretary General of Iran Chess Federation
Mobile: +98 912 500 9221; Email:
Mr. Mehrdad Pahlevanzadeh, Delegate of Iran Chess Federation
Mobile: +97 150 664 9280; Email: