The Organizing Committee will provide free participation, domestic Transfer (from Tehran to Tonekabon and return) and full board accommodation for official invited players as well as WGM or WIM title holders.
Registration is free for invited players, WGM or WIM title holders and +2000 rated chess players. For other players, as follows with January 2009 FIDE Ratings of:
1900 to 1999 : 100U$D
1800 to 1899 : 150U$D
Under 1800 and unrated : 200U$D
Deadline for Registration is February 15, 2009.
TRAVEL and TRANSPORTATION:
The Organizing committee will provide free Transportation from Tehran International Airports (IKA or THR) to the playing venue (27 Feb. 2009) and vice versa (6 March 2008) for invited players.
1. All official invited players, WGM or WIM title holders shall be provided free full board accommodation on a twin sharing basis, from 28th Feb to 6th March, 2009.
2. Other players with rating +2000 will pay U$D20 per day for full board accommodation on a twin sharing basis.
3. Accommodation fee for players with rating below 2000 and unrated players is U$D40 for each person per day.
1. The 2nd Fajr International Women Chess Tournament will be played in 9 rounds using the Swiss System.
2. The time control shall be 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
3. The FIDE Laws of Chess shall apply. The tournament will be FIDE rated.
4. The Swiss Manager program shall be used for pairings.
Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (10,000 U$D) in cash prizes shall be awarded:
1st place 2500 U$D
2nd place 2000 U$D
3rd place 1500 U$D
4th place 1000 U$D
5th place 900 U$D
6th place 700 U$D
7th place 600 U$D
8th places 400 U$D
9th - 10th places 200 U$D
Total 10000 U$D
Cash prizes shall be shared equally among tied players.
All prizes will be paid 15% tax.
Arrival Friday Feb. 27
Technical Meeting Friday Feb. 27 20:00
Round 1 Saturday Feb. 28 16:00-20:00
Round 2 Sunday Mar. 01 09:00-13:00
Round 3 Sunday Mar. 01 16:00-20:00
Round 4 Monday Mar. 02 09:00-13:00
Round 5 Monday Mar. 02 16:00-20:00
Round 6 Tuesday Mar. 03 09:00-13:00
Round 7 Tuesday Mar. 03 16:00-20:00
Round 8 Wednesday Mar. 04 16:00-20:00
Round 9 Thursday Mar. 05 09:00-13:00
Closing Ceremony Thursday Mar. 05 17:00
Departure Friday Mar. 06
INVITATIONS FOR VISAS:
For those who need visas, the Organizing Committee shall issue invitations for them to apply at the I. R. of Iran consulate in their countries.
All participating players are kindly requested to fill in the attached registration form, which should include passport copy, passport particulars of participants, and return the same to the Organizing Committee not later than February 15, 2009 to the I. R. of Iran Chess Federation.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tehran.
Iran Chess Federation:
Tel: +98 21 88951512
Fax: +98 21 88951514