18th Fajr International Chess Open Tournament
Tuesday, 16 February 2010 03:32
Chess Association of "Khorasan-Razavi" province on behalf of I.R.Iran Chess Federation has the honor to invite all players from national federations to participate in the 18th Fajr International Chess Open Tournament will be held in Mashhad, northeastern of Iran, from February 19-28, 2010.
- Participation in the 18th Fajr International Chess Tournament is open to all.
- Each National Chess Federation has right to nominate and send one player as official invited player.
- Organizing Committee shall provide free participation, domestic Transfer (from Tehran to Mashhad and return) and full board accommodation (with 3 meals per day) in 5 stars Hotel, for official invited players as well as GM title holders and +2500 rated chess players.
- The 18th Fajr International Chess Open Tournament will be played in 11 rounds using the Swiss System.
- The time control shall be 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
- The FIDE Laws of Chess shall apply. The tournament will be FIDE rated.
- The Swiss Manager program shall be used for pairings.
Friday, February 19 Arrival
Saturday, February 20 Technical Meeting at 10:00
Saturday, February 20 - Rd. 1 at 17:00
Sunday, February 21 - Rd. 2 at 09:00, Rd. 3 at 17:00
Monday, February 22 - Rd. 4 at 09:00, Rd. 5 at 17:00
Tuesday, February 23 - Rd. 6 at 17:00
Wednesday, February 24 - Rd. 7 at 09:00, Rd. 8 at 17:00
Thursday, February 25 - Rd. 9 at 17:00
Friday, February 26 - Rd. 10 at 17:00
Saturday, February 27 - Rd. 11 at 09:00
Saturday, February 27 - Closing at 15:00
Sunday, February 28 - Departure (Before lunch)
GM Ghaem Maghami, Iranian No.1 chess player and seven-times national champion, with an international rating of 2589, has agreed to play in 18th Fajr international chess open tournament. He also agreed with the organizers of this tournament to have a simultaneous display for the opening ceremony.
Former European chess champion, Dutch GM Sergey Tiviakov, with an international rating of 2662, will have a simultaneous display at 25 boards on Feb 19th 2010 - one day before the opening of 18th Fajr international chess open tournament.
Russian strong Grand Masters, Evgeny Gleyzerov (2565) and Mikhail Ulybin (2528), also will have simultaneous display on Feb 18th 2010 in Mashhad.