37th Annual Paul Keres Memorial Chess Tournament
Tuesday, 01 May 2012 00:54
The 37th Annual Paul Keres Memorial Chess Tournament is scheduled to take place on 19-21st May at the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, 7311 Westminster Hwy. Richmond, BC V6X 1A3, Canada.
Sections: Open (FIDE and CFC rated), U2000 (CFC rated), U1600 (CFC rated)
Time Control: Game/80 minutes + 60 sec. increment
Rounds: Sat. May 19 12:00 noon, 5:00pm, Sun. May 20 10:00am, 5:00pm, Mon. May 21: 10:00am, 3:00pm
Prizes: $4000 Guaranteed.
Open Section: $1000, $600, $400; Top U2200 $300 Top BC player qualifies for the BC Closed
U2000 Section: $600, $400; Top U1800 $200
U1600 Section: $200, $100, Top U1400 $100
Top Scoring Unrated (any section) $100
GMs, IMs, WGMs free if preregistered on or before May 14, otherwise EF deducted from prize, if any. Some conditions apply (see below under Misc.)
Family Discount: 50% of lowest applicable Early BIrd entry fee for 2nd or higher member of family.
Playing up a Section: Add $20 for each section played up over your rating. (e.g if rated U2000 and playing in the Open etc.)
Note that first time players may have CFC membership included in the entry fee. See below under Misc: for details.
|Early Bird (paid on or before Monday April 9)
|Registered on or before Tuesday, May 14
Accommodation: Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, 1-800-663-2878 $119/night single/double Free parking for hotel guests Quote "Keres Memorial Chess Tournament". Please book by April 19 to guarantee this rate.
- By Skytrain to Brighouse station then 10-15 minute walk.
Registration: by Online Registration (click on link). Or by mail to Keres Memorial Chess, 4381 Wildflower Lane, Victoria, BC. V8X 5H1. Make cheques payable to Roger Patterson. Or contact
. Or on site 10:30-11:30 Sat. May 19.
Contact us at
- Parking: $5/day (get ticket from organizer).
- For first time players who a) have no official rating (CFC, USCF, FIDE, FQE, etc.), b) are resident in Canada c) play in the U1600 section, entry fee includes a one year CFC membership.
- Either a full CFC membership ($40 adult, $27 junior) or CFC tournament membership ($16 adult, $8 junior) is required (except first time players as noted above).
- Players receiving free entry are expected to finish the tournament. Those who withdraw without satisfactory reasons will not be offered free entry again.
- Family discount is applied on the lowest entry fee(s) for those eligible.
- Until 30 minutes before the start of round 1, 100% refund for online entries. Entries that involve us cashing or writing a cheque are refunded less $5 for handling.
- US cheques at par from US residents are acceptable although online entry is preferred.
- BCCF dues included in entry fee
- Up to 3 half point byes in rounds 1-5 if requested in advance
- Zero point byes for any round (including last) if requested before pairings are made (usually at end of previous round). Does not affect prize eligibility.
- All equipment provided
- Unrated players not eligible for class prizes
- For non cash prizes, 1st tiebreak is individual cumulative score. 2nd tiebreak is cumulative score of opponents.
- We may use floater players in the event of an odd number of players for any given round - games against floater players might not be CFC or FIDE rated.
- BCCF AGM held between rounds at 3:00pm on Sunday
- BC tournaments use a 1 hour grace rule for players late for the game before forfeiting.