Handbook :: B. Permanent Commissions
05. CACDEC Statutes (Committee for Assistance to Chess Developing Countries)
|Approved by the Central Committee, 27 September 1975 in Oosterbeek, Netherlands. Amended by the 1987, 1993, 1995 & 1996 General Assemblies.
FIDE shall have a permanent Committee for Assistance to Chess Developing Countries under the Development Commission.
The Committee shall consist of a Chairman, a Secretary and the required number of additional members. The members shall elect an Executive Board.
The aim of the Committee shall be to promote chess in the chess developing countries.
To further this aim the Committee shall
- evaluate the existing needs
- create a fund to finance its projects
- furnish literature, chess sets and other chess equipment
- (GA `96) assist in the organization of chess courses, seminars and simultaneous exhibitions, in particular together with a FIDE event organized by a CACDEC federation.
- assist in the organization of teachers` training courses
- promote a system whereby players and officials get opportunities for international practice.
The Committee shall give every assistance possible wherever needed. (GA `95)
The projects presented by the national federation should be sent to the Zone and Continental Presidents concerned.
The projects should be analysed by the concerned committee and then be approved by the Development Commission.
The resources for the projects shall come from CACDEC.
The federations asking for Development Commission assistance should not be in arrears with FIDE.
If the federation had received any previous help from FIDE, they should explain how this help has worked.
The list of CACDEC countries will be divided into two levels (see annex).
The funds of the Committee shall be administered by the Treasurer of FIDE.
These funds can be used for CACDEC purposes upon joint decision of the Chairman and the Secretary, and with the approval of the FIDE President.
Once a year the Development Commission shall give a report of its activities to the General Assembly.
Levels of CACDEC Federations
Federations with technical and financial needs:
Federations with technical needs:
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Britsh Virgin Islands
- Brunei Darussalam
- Chinese Taipei
- El Salvador
- Faroe Islands
- Hong Kong
- Netherlands Antilles
- Puerto Rico
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
- US Virgin Islands
© 2008 World Chess Federation
| FIDE News RSS Feed