The International Chess Federation has approved the following media accreditation policy, to be applied in our top official events - starting with the Candidates Tournament.
This policy was developed following the model of other sports associations. In particular, in the making of this document the following policies were taken as a reference:
- Media accreditation process for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Accreditation procedure for the United Nations conferences and events.
- Accreditation process for the 2nd European Games in Minsk 2019.
- Media accreditation for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- IOC Social and Digital Media Guidelines for the Winter Games, Pyeong Chang 2018.
- Accreditation for the Olympic Games in Tokyo 2020.
- Accreditation Process for the Davis Cup by Rakuten Finals.
- Media accreditation for the Wimbledon tennis championship.
DOWNLOAD: FIDE media accreditation policy (pdf)