FIDE is pleased to announce that the FIDE Congress will be held in Chennai, India between 31 July 2022 (arrivals) and 09 August 2022 (departures). The Meeting of the General Assembly will take place on 07-08 August 2022, when the elections will be completed. You are welcome to save the dates in your calendar.
You can find detailed information on the dedicated website for the FIDE Congress, at https://congress.fide.com.
The Elections will take place for the following positions and in accordance with the following timelines in which applications can be submitted:
• The positions of President and Deputy President (on a joint ticket)– no later than 07 June 2022, 6.00 PM, CET time inclusive
• The position of Vice President – no later than 07 July 2022, 6.00 PM, CET time inclusive
• The position of Zonal President – no later than 07 July 2022, 6.00 PM, CET time inclusive
• The position of a member of Ethics and Disciplinary commission – no later than 07 July 2022, 6.00 PM, CET time inclusive
• The position of a member of Constitutional commission – no later than 07 July 2022, 6.00 PM, CET time inclusive
FIDE invites all interested persons to submit Candidate Application Forms to email@example.com. Please note that electronic signatures or even scanned signature on a pdf document can be considered valid if there are no doubts about the origin and the attribution of the document.
FIDE also informs that the Candidate Application Forms must be endorsed by letters of support from Member Federations (recommended form attached hereto) under the following rules:
• Each candidacy for the Presidential ticket must be endorsed by nominations from at least five (5) Member Federations, among them at least one (1) from each of the four (4) FIDE Continents, but by no more than eight (8) Member Federations in total;
• Each candidacy for the position of elected Vice President must be endorsed by nominations from at least three (3) Member Federations;
• Each candidacy for the positions of members of commissions must be endorsed by nominations from at least three (3) Member Federations.
Please consider that each Member Federation is entitled to endorse only one (1) Presidential ticket, as well as one (1) candidacy for one of the positions listed above.
If you have any questions, please email them to FIDE Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.