Rules for the FIDE Open World Rapid Championship & FIDE Open World Blitz Championship
Rules for the FIDE Women’s World Rapid Championship & FIDE Women’s World Blitz Championship
FIDE is pleased to announce the dates and venue of the King Salman World Rapid & Blitz Championships-2019.
According to the 3-year contract signed in 2017, the company Sela Sport Company Limited (acting for and on behalf of the General Sports Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) is a partner of FIDE and the owner of the rights to the World Rapid & Blitz Championships 2017-2019.
This year, according to the decision of the organizers, the tournament will be hosted in Moscow from 25 to 30 of December 2019.
December 25 — Opening Ceremony
December 26-28 — Rapid competition
December 29-30 — Blitz competition
FIDE is proud to note that the joint efforts of the parties secured a prize fund of 1 million US dollars for this event. The organizer will provide full board accommodation in a standard room (4-star hotel minimum), from December 25th to 31st 2019, to the players who meet the following criteria:
Players rated at least 2550 in any of the FIDE rating lists (Standard, Rapid or Blitz) from January 1st to December 1st, 2019.
Players rated at least 2250 in any of the FIDE rating lists (Standard, Rapid or Blitz) from January 1st to December 1st, 2019.
- A participant can apply for a visa both in his home country and abroad.
- The main condition is to apply for a Russian visa only in official institutions such as the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy or Consulate-General.
- Other institutions (including an official Visa Application Center) and travel agencies offering their services will have no access to the information regarding the King Salman World Rapid and Blitz Chess Championships 2019.
- All the embassies and consulates have been informed about the Championship by a circular letter of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They are ready to assist players with applying for a visa in a time pressure situation.
- When applying for a Russian visa, alongside with a complete set of documents requested by the Embassy, a participant shall provide the official invitation from the Chess Federation of Russia. This invitation is the main basis for issuing a visa that substitutes for a telex/reference number.
- Any accredited participant, who needs a visa to enter Russia, should download the visa invitation letter through the registration system.
- The visa application can start on December 3.